Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Justin Chon Interviews Muse


Hello. This is Justin Chon from "The Twilight Saga" (you may know me better as Eric). MTV invited me to interview Muse and hang back stage at KROQ's annual Almost Acoustic Christmas concert. It was my first time being backstage at any concert, so I was extremely excited to see what it was all about. I have to say that I haven't had that much fun in a long long time.
I left my place at around 7 p.m. and headed over the the Gibson Amphitheater. When I got there, I was able to park in the VIP area because I was with the one and only MTV.
Once I got to the event, it was absolute mayhem. There were so many people in the backstage reception area. Famous people were just perusing about like nobody's business. I met up with the MTV crew and we started our little adventure. I saw my friend Joe Hahn from Linkin Park. Right away had a little problem because he heard me mention my favorite band was Muse. (I settled it by saying they were my second-favorite.)
Once we got inside, I was able to interview people like Christopher Mintz-Plasse (McLovin from "Superbad"), Dr. Drew, Deryck Whibley from Sum 41 and a bunch of others. However, the fun really didn't start until I went back to where the band dressing rooms were. I ended up taking shots with Slightly Stoopid and hanging with the members of Phoenix. Chris from Vampire Weekend came up to me and asked, "Are you that guy from 'Twilight?'" and I said yes. He then said "Let's take a picture." I was like, "What?! You're the rock star!"
Later, I got to catch 311 and, at long last, Muse's performance. They were absolutely amazing. After their set, I went backstage and there was a whole mess of people outside the dressing room trying to get a chance to talk or take a picture with them. But of course because I was with MTV, I got full access to the band and interviewed them. I was a little nervous before I went in but I did my tantric breathing and ended up being fine.
The interview went smooth as butter. After the interview was over I took a picture with them and tried not to look too excited. All in all, it was a night I won't soon forget.

No comments: